Education and Training Services
I began my teaching career providing monthly in-service programs at the health care facility where I worked as an RN. The love of teaching took me to the technical college and several universities for a professional teaching career. I know how to create continuing education classes and teach established curriculum. I offer many services and classes.
Healing Touch International Certificate Program
A Continuing Nursing Education Program - American Holistic Nursing Association (AHNA) approved. Completion of 5 classes and certification process can lead to being a Certified Healing Touch Practitioner. Classes open to anyone interested in learning how to do Healing Touch. In the fall of 2013, Healing Touch International changed its name to Healing Beyond Borders. Visit their new website, www.healingbeyondborders.org/, for more information about the organization and for more detailed class descriptions.
Healing Touch Level 1
Level 1 begins with 18 continuing education contact hours of instruction, allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy. Learn energy system basics, energy centers and field assessment, meditation for centering, principles of Healing Touch, and selected intervention techniques. A commitment to self-development, legal and professional standards is required.
Healing Touch Level 2
Level 2 is for students who have completed Level 1 and wish to increase breadth and depth in the study of Healing Touch. (17.5 continuing education contact hours.) The second level of study in Healing Touch includes an intake interview, back techniques and a one-hour healing sequence. Emphasis in the experiential learning is on developing healing sequences for specific client needs.
Classes by the hour or day:
- Introduction to Healing Touch
- A basic overview about Healing Touch
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) overview
- A power-point presentation describing how the government classifies CAM
- Basic Tai Chi or Basic Qi Gong
- Simplified Tai Chi & Qi Gong movements to increase balance
- Basic movements to increase personal energy flow
- Meditation Techniques/ Guided Imagery/ Meditation for non-meditators
- Mind quieting techniques to promote relaxation
- Ways to develop and use guided imagery for self care
- Healing Touch Techniques for Pain Management / Self Care/ Specific Headache Relief
- Selected pain reducing Healing Touch techniques to use for whole body
- Promote relaxation and self care
- Specific energy based techniques for different kinds of headache relief
- Laughter Yoga
- Use some basic yoga movements and laughing exercises to promote wellness
- Spa day for employees
- Special relaxing techniques for staff, "just because they deserve it"
Classes can be created to fit the need of the audience and fit within designed time frames.
Contact me for further class information, class locations, and registration information.
"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experiences to the utmost, to reach out eagerly without fear for newer and richer experiences."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Vicki is a member of the following professional organizations: